Friday, May 28, 2010

Have A Nice Life - Deathconsciousness Parts 1 & 2

Because of the positive feedback on my last post, I am going to post Have A Nice Life's full length which is a 2 part album spanning 5 years of recordings from 2 gentlemen by the names of Dan Barrett and Tim Macuga who make up this fantastic band along with various collaborators. I really, really love this record. It's dark and catchy, it's moody and ethereal, it has the darkwave sound that I am such a complete sucker for without ever being cheesy or sounding cliché. I don't own an actual hard copy of this although I should, despite my lack of a cd player other than in my car. But boy howdy, what I wouldn't do to own this on vinyl. One perk of owning a hard copy is that it comes with an insert that.. well, just read this.. 

"Over 80 pages in length, written by a University of Massachusetts History professor, this book explores the deep religious symbology we used for inspiration while writing the record. The songs contain elaborate references to 12th century apostasies; the book will help those without a background in religious history to understand their meanings."

cool. 

You may download the record here, although I definitely encourage everyone to go to www.enemieslist.net where you can order the cd or a digital download for a mere $5 which includes the artwork and booklet in .pdf format. It's worth it. 



















Part 1 - The Plow That Broke the Plains
track1 - A Quick One Before the Eternal Worm Devours Connecticut
track2 - Bloodhail
track3 - The Big Gloom
track4 - Hunter
track5 - Telephony
track6 - Who Would Leave Their Son Out in the Sun?
track7 - There Is No Food

Deathconsciousness - part 1


Part 2 - The Future
track1 - Waiting For Black Metal Records To Come In The Mail
track2 - Holy Fucking Shit: 40,000
track3 - The Future
track4 - Deep, Deep
track5 - I Don't Love
track6 - Earthmover

Deathconsciousness - part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment